Library services are coordinated by the Library Advisory Committee. There are 93,312 numbers of books including text and reference books and 51000 e-books. The college subscribes 94 Indian and 04 International journals in the library. The Book Bank scheme serves the need of the economically weaker students. Physically challenged students have been provided special consideration. All the departments have their own departmental libraries. The library has the seating capacity for about 300 students.12 computer terminals provide networking through INFLIBNET in the library. The library functions from 7.30 am to 7.30 p.m. on all working days. Teachers and students of the college can have access to online journals. Library facilities of Pune University and neighboring colleges are also used by the teachers and students for research. On an average 37 faculty and 546 students visit the library every day.
1. Library Campus Area.
a) Campus area in acres : 42.27 Acres
b) Built up area in Sq. Meters16877.24 +
Under Construction 2618.02
2. Working hours of the library
a) On working day 12 Hrs.
b) On holidays 07 Hrs.
c) On examination days 14 Hrs.
3. Average number of faculty visiting the library/day (average for the last two years) 37
4. Average number of students visiting the library/day (average for the last two years) 546
5. Number of journals subscribed to the institution 102
6. Does the Library have the Open Access System Yes
7. Total collection (Number)
Collection Title Volume
a) Books 40,868 93,312
b) Textbooks 15,532 46,596
c) Reference books 25,336 46,716
d) Newspapers 14 19
e) Current journals
i) Indian journals 94
ii )Foreign journals 04
f) Peer- reviewed journals 31
g) Back volumes of journals 984
8 . E-resources
CDs/ DVDs 271
Databases = n-list database 01
Online journals 2,154
Audio- Visual resources 41
9. Area Mention -
Total carpet area of the central Library (in sq.ft) 10,674
Number of departmental libraries 09
Average carpet area of the departmental libraries 100 Sq.ft.
Seating capacity of the Central Library (Reading Room) 220 Students
10. Status of automation of the library
Not Initiated - No
Fully Automated - No
Partially Automated -Yes
11. Peer- reviewed journals 2.11
12. Services / Facilities Available in the Library.
Clipping - Yes
Bibliographic Compilation - Yes
Reference - Yes
Reprography - Yes
Computer and Printing - Yes
Internet - Yes
Inter- Library Loan - Yes
Power Back Up - Yes
Information Display and Notification - Yes
User Orientation / Information Literacy - Yes
Library for society Program - Yes
Readers Club Activity - Yes
Any Other (Specify) Smart kid Programme - Yes
13. Average number of books issued/returned per day 375
14. Ratio of library books to the number of students enrolled 39.00