- Name of the Department:DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE
- Year of Establishment
Date of UG Subject-
- General Level : June 1960
- Special Level : June 1972
Date of Introduction PG Course: June 1989
- To increase Political Awareness in Society.
- To Develop Political Leadership with the sense of Social Commitment.
- To provide Systematic Guidance related to Indian democracy and democratic Organization.
- To Develop Political Understanding .
- To Provide Initial Training of Panchayat Raj Administration, Governing Process and Parliamentary Affairs.
- To Develop Leadership qualities among the rural students.
- To Develop a Sense of Civic Responsibilities among the students.
- To provide guidance for the Preparation of Competitive Examinations.
Aims and Objectives of Department
- To avail the qualitative education in Political science at UG and PG level in rural and semi-urban area.
- To ensure the overall personality development of students through extracurricular and co-curricular activities.
- To organize various extension activities for cultivation of human values and National Integration.
- To transfer the knowledge and skills for fulfillment of the changing needs of society in the process of modernization.
- To invoke the Political interest among the students.