INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
The college Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was established on 23/10/2003 since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards the realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, it will channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through the internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
- Ensuring the timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks;
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes;
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society;
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning;
- The credibility of the evaluation procedures;
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services;
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of an institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute
- Ensure the heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices;
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs;
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
The Composition of Internal Quality Assurance Cell(IQAC)
|1||Prin. Dr. N. S. Gaikwad||Principal, Chairman|
|2||Hon. Sou. Meenatai Jagdhane||Sanstha Representative|
|3||Hon. Prakash Nikam Patil||Industrialist|
|4||Adv. B. F. Chudiwal||Alumni representative|
|5||Dr. R. B. Jagdhane||Society representative|
|6||Dr. A. N. Jadagale||Vice Principal|
|7||Dr. S. P. Cholke||Vice Principal|
|8||Dr. S. N. Shelke||Department of Chemistry|
|9||Dr. S. N. Pawar||Department of Geography|
|10||Dr. M. E. Auti||Department of Politics|
|11||Dr. S.K. Khilare||Department of Statistics|
|12||Mr. A. S. Mahure||Department of Education|
|13||Mr. R. R. Jagtap||Department of Mathematics|
|14||Mr. H. T. Mate||Department of Botany|
|15||Mr. K. M. Jadhav||Office Superintendent|
|16||Miss. R. R. Yelam||Department of Politics|
|17||Dr. P. V. Badadhe||Co-ordinator|