DEPARTMENT OF GEOGRAPHY
- Name of the Department DEPARTMENT OF GEOGRAPHY
- Year of Establishment
Date of UG Subject- June 1960
General Level : June 1960
Special Level : June 1972
Date of Introduction PG Course-June 2010
- Mission, Aims and Objectives of the Department
Mission of the Department:
Provide relevant, up-to-date, and career-oriented education in Geography.
Aims and Objectives of the Department
- To avail the qualitative education in Geography at UG and PG level in rural and semi-urban area.
- To ensure the overall personality development of students through extracurricular and co-curricular activities.
- To organize various extension activities for cultivation of human values and environmental awareness.
- To transfer the knowledge and skills for fulfillment of the changing needs of society in the process of modernization.
- To invoke the geographical interest among the students.
- Detail of Programmes / Courses offered (UG, PG, M. Phil., Ph.D., Integrated Masters; Integrated Ph.D., Short term courses, Career oriented courses, etc. (Current academic year)
|Sr. No.||Programme level||Name of the programme/ Course||Duration||Entry qualification||Medium of Instruction||Sanctioned/ Approved student strength|
|1||UG||BA||3 Year||12th Pass||Marathi||48|
|2||PG||MA/MSc||2 Year||BA in Geography||English||24|
|3||COC||Rainwater Harvesting||3 Year||12th Pass||Marathi||50|
|4||Short Term Course||Certificate Course in Geographical Information System||2 Months||12th Pass||Marathi||50|
|5||COC||Disaster Management||40 Periods||12th Pass||Marathi||30|
|6||Add on Course||Application of QGIS Software||30 Hours
- Annual/ semester/choice based credit system/elective course pattern (programme-wise)
|Programme||Pattern||Year of Implementation|
|Short Term Course||Credit System||2012|
- Number of teaching positions in the department